Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 10, 2011

I May Not Be Cut Out to Be A Blogger....

To say the least it has been a VERY long time since I have blogged on here...I hadn't even started my
new job, which now I have been at for over a year and a half! So many things have changed since then. We have had the house re plumbed, the master bathroom remodeled (with lots of drama, some still occuring), and gotten the best little puppy in the whole stinkin' world! Introducing: Bindi (also known as Bindi the Boo, Boo Bear, Pupster, and Pupperoni)



Life has certainly changed, I got a promotion in August to Program Supervisor which brings on a whole lot more responsibility as I now oversee 5 employees in our county division of Early Head Start. I am a little over 1 year into my Master's degree, and wishing so badly that it was over! I bit off a little more than I could chew trying to work full time and get my degree full time. Sometimes there are not enough hours in a day to get it all done. The goal is to get through to next August and graduate at the end of the summer. The plan is to be able to walk for graduation, if everything works out and I have time to take off from work and get out to Huntsville. I look forward to going home, the last time I was there I didn't get to see anyone or do anything because my mom was so sick. I can't wait to see good friends and enjoy the Houston atmosphere. Sometimes I consider myself a Homesick Texan. Which leads me to tell you to go buy the cookbook by the same name. That lady is a culinary genius when it comes to Texas food, though she does go a little bit spicy on her recipes. Hopefully this weekend I will be making chorizo empanadas from her book while we cheer on our Gators who we hope can pull out a game. Don't get me wrong I'm no fair weather fan, I'm there through thick and thin, bleeding orange and blue. (By the way I am SO proud of my Bearkats and the start to the season they have had) Eat'em up Kats!

As for the day I have had, it has been interesting. We have had over 10 inches of rain in the past 3 days but the sun finally came out this morning. The tree in our front yard decided to shed a giant limb out onto the road and sidewalk, which was interesting to get cleaned up because I had to make at least 3 phone calls to find out who deals with that. Surprisingly the town didn't do it, the county did. Then this afternoon I had a 2 hour final exam to take for school, while the dog paced around me and complained that I wasn't paying her enough attention. She may be considered an "adult" now that she is 1, but sometimes she sure does act like a puppy.

So despite everything, life goes on, and we try to make the best of it.

No comments: